CBST offers a full range of traditional and innovative life cycle events, with rabbinical and community support. We’re committed to creative ritual and liturgy rooted deeply in the fullness of Jewish tradition, and open to developing new ceremonies to mark important events in our congregants’ lives. For an in-depth look at Jewish life cycle activities and pastoral care and a full list of contact information, click here.
- Urgent pastoral emergencies, such as a death: Call 917-513-0413 and leave a message. A clergy member will respond to you ASAP.
- If you are in need of support: Contact the CBST office at 212-929-9498, x876, or email@example.com; a member of our clergy will contact you.
PLEASE NOTE: access to ongoing pastoral counseling is reserved exclusively for CBST members.
Your Rabbis Are Here for You! Our rabbis and rabbinical interns provide pastoral counseling to CBST members for a range of issues, including but not limited to:
- All Jewish life cycle events (baby namings, b’rit milah/b’rit bat, b’nai mitzvah, weddings, conversions, funerals, & shiva)
- Spiritual questions and crises
- Coming out issues & gender transition issues
- Bereavement, loss and grief
- Illness and recovery
- Parenting challenges
- Family conflict
- Life transitions