Lehrhaus Judaica Adult Education
Lehrhaus Adult Education Classes
Lehrhaus Judaica is CBST’s Adult Education program: classes of all levels and interests, taught by inspiring instructors.
Intro to Mishnah with Rabbi Moskowitz – Register »
Mon – Thurs, 9:15–10:00 a.m. | Sept 5 – Dec 28
Intro to Mishnah is an opportunity to explore the transmission of the Oral Torah. We will be studying the 5th chapter of Bava Metziya, which deals with the parameters of borrowing and lending with interest. This course is open to all and will be conducted online, via zoom. Thank you for considering a contribution to help support Adult Education at CBST.
Advanced Level Talmud Study
Tuesdays, 4:00-5:00 p.m., Ongoing
Taught by Rabbi Mike Moskowitz
This in-depth study group is for advanced students who have demonstrated a certain level of proficiency.
5784 Fall Term – Registration Coming Soon!
Classes running through November and December 2023. Note: all class listings subject to change.
- Current Events of Israel with Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum and Rabbi Marisa James
- Weekly Torah Study with Rabbi Yael Werber
- Shabbat 101 with CBST Clergy
- Advanced Hebrew through Songs & Poetry with CBST Educator Miya Rotstein
- Intro to Hebrew (New Students!) with CBST Educator Miya Rotstein
- Intro to Hebrew, Part 2 with Cooperberg-Rittmaster Rabbinical Intern Adam Graubart
More classes and learning opportunities to be announced!
For more info on class registration terms and details, view registration details.
- Many of our classes are offered free of charge to ensure ease of access for all. Please consider a contribution in addition to help support Lehrhaus Adult Education at CBST. Classes that have required tuition fees will be noted as such on their registration pages. Please refer to individual class registration pages for class fees and suggested contribution amounts.
- Classes are conducted online via zoom. Please refer to individual class registration pages for zoom info. Registrants of tuition-based classes will receive zoom info via email the week of the first class.
- The registration deadline for classes with required tuition fees is the Friday of the week the class begins.
- Refunds cannot be processed for class payments after the Friday preceding the class start date.
- Scholarship is available for tuition-based classes for CBST Members experiencing financial hardship. To request a scholarship, please email email@example.com by the Friday preceding the class start date.
- Please note our Zoom Instructions & Etiquette.
- All classes require a minimum of 5 total registrants to run. If a class does not meet this requirement, registrants will be notified.
- Class recordings are available for two weeks following the class date and can be found here.
- Auto-captioning is available for some classes.
- For questions or information about any of our CBST classes, please email Miya Rotstein, Coordinator of Adult and Teen Education at firstname.lastname@example.org
CBST Classes on Zoom
- All classes & programs will be locked at their start time. Please arrive 10 minutes early. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to provide the best possible experience for program participants & leaders.
- MUTE your computer microphone, phone or other device until you are invited to speak.
- To protect the sacred nature of our services, classes, & programs, please make sure that when you join us via Zoom, that your “display name” is updated (i.e. not whatever default your device might set like “iPhone6” etc.).
- As in our Sanctuary, no photography is allowed.