Congregation Beit Simchat Torah (CBST) is a vibrant spiritual community and a progressive voice within Judaism. Founded in 1973, CBST attracts and welcomes gay men, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, non-binary, queer and straight individuals and families who share common values. Passionate, provocative, and deeply Jewish, CBST champions a Judaism that rejoices in diversity, denounces social injustice wherever it exists, and strives for human rights for all people.
- We are a house of prayer, offering both traditional and liberal services and lifecycle events.
- We are a house of learning, continually expanding our knowledge and deepening our understanding of our religious and cultural heritage.
- We are a house of refuge and healing, offering community support and pastoral care.
- We are a house of conscience, fighting for the full equality of LGBTQ people locally, nationally and internationally.
- We are committed to Israel and engaged in supporting efforts to secure peace, justice and equality for all.