Why join CBST?
Since 1973, CBST has been open to all. We are home to LGBTQ+ joyful Judaism, deep social justice, and meaningful Jewish learning. Be a part of our Joyful, Spiritual, Proud community!
CBST members are part of a strong community and a sacred space. Together, we pray, observe festivals and holidays, enjoy wide-ranging learning and social programs, and support each other during times of joy and challenge.
When should I join CBST?
Annual Membership is based on our fiscal year which ends in June and the next begins in July, but there’s no need to wait. We welcome new members and renewals at any time.
How much does CBST Membership cost?
Our Membership levels are based on a fair share model. We invite you to join us at the level that best matches your resources.
Many CBST members choose a Monthly Continuing Membership, making a small, manageable contribution each month. This makes it easy to keep your membership active, while providing a strong, predictable source of revenue for our community.
Do members need to live in New York City or nearby?
Absolutely not! Many CBST members live well beyond the New York area. Whether joining from Florida or Israel, California or Chicago, online programs connect us all. Going forward, CBST plans to offer even more livestreamed and interactive online experiences for members near and far.
Your membership is the foundation of our work. We are deeply grateful and thrilled to have you join us. We are ready to get to know you and grow with you as you take this important step on your Jewish journey. Thank you for becoming a CBST member today!
Renewing Your Membership
Whether you first joined CBST decades ago or last year, your renewal makes all our programs, services, and gatherings possible. We thank you for your ongoing commitment and incredible support.
As we continue online and in-person services, classes, and programs, we are grateful for your loyalty, ru’ach (spirit) and generosity. Your voices at Town Halls, your exuberance at services, and your inexhaustible volunteer energy are seen and heard. Thank you for renewing!
CBST Membership means…
- Having your voice heard in LGBTQ+ progressive Judaism.
- Opportunities to volunteer for social justice, community action, and year-round initiatives for tikkun olam (repairing the world).
- CBST clergy, offering inspiration, pastoral care, lifecycle observances and more. Burial rites and CBST cemetery plots are available at member rates.
- Limmud b’Shabbat, rich education and b*mitzvah programs for families with children.
- Access to CBST’s Annual Retreat, congregational travel opportunities, and enriching Adult Education programs.
- Community engagement and learning in monthly Member Town Halls.
- Priority access for in-person services year-round, including the High Holy Days.
- Lay leader participation in Torah services, our chorus, and on our committees.