B* Mitzvah Program (Grades 6 through 7)
Registration for 2023-2024/5784 is now open!
To register your student for the first time, click here. If your child is a returning Limmud b’Shabbat student, you should receive an email inviting you to complete a pre-filled form. If you have any questions, please reach out to Jules Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students in the B*Mitzvah class meet for Limmud b’Shabbat to study a core curriculum with a focus on the Shabbat morning t’fillah service and the weekly Torah parsha. In addition, students will celebrate the Jewish holidays and take part in school wide activities and programs.
As the students approach their B*Mitzvah dates, they will be meeting monthly as a cohort and weekly in private sessions to prepare for their ceremonies. The B* Mitzvah program includes:
- Starting in January, the entire cohort (along with parents) meets monthly for creative learning programs with clergy and educators.
- Private individualized training sessions with the B*Mitzvah Coordinator, clergy and cantorial staff.
- Preparation for service leadership, learning to leyn (chant) Torah and Haftarah, and writing and delivering a D’var Torah..
- One-on-one Hebrew literacy tutoring if needed.
- Tuition of $2,850, includes all of the above (Early Bird discount $2,700 until July 31)
Early Bird discount (of $150) available until July 31, 2023.
To register your child for Limmud b’Shabbat for the first time, click here. If your child is a returning Limmud b’Shabbat student, you should receive an email inviting you to complete a pre-filled form. If you have any questions, please reach out to Jules Rose at email@example.com.
2023-2024 – 5784 SCHEDULE
2nd & 4th Shabbat each month
- October 14, 2023
- October 28, 2023
- November 11, 2023
- November 18, 2023*
- December 2, 2023*
- December 9, 2023
- January 13, 2024
- January 27, 2024
- February 10, 2024
- February 24, 2024
- March 9, 2024
- March 23, 2024
- April 13, 2024
- April 27, 2024
- May 11, 2024
- May 18, 2024*
- June 8, 2024
*We have made exceptions in the case of conflict with a holiday.