It’s up to us, the next generation!
Aleinu provides a space for queer Jews in their 20s and 30s in the greater NYC area to participate in social, social justice, and religious activities.
We host a handful of regular events every month!
- First Fridays Nighttime Noshes: Mix and mingle with other queer Jews after CBST's Friday evening Shabbat services while eating a variety of vegetarian friendly food, both catered and potluck style. We ask for a $5+ donation, but nobody will be turned away for lack of funds.
- Havdalah Hangouts: Say goodbye to Shabbat from various locations around the city, then join us for food, drinks, and games nearby!
- Meetings: All are welcome to join us for our monthly meetings downstairs at CBST, where we plan current events and come up with ideas for future events. We usually go to dinner afterward nearby, too. Are you sensing a pattern?
Plus, look to us for special events like:
- Dim Sum brunches in Chinatown
- Jewish neighborhood tours in all five boroughs
- Film screenings at CBST
- NYC Pride events, and
- High Holidays events before and after services
For the most up-to-date information, sign up for our monthly newsletter and follow us on Facebook or Meetup. If you have any questions or comments, we welcome emails at firstname.lastname@example.org and messages on Facebook or Meetup.
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn about us. We sincerely hope to hear from you soon.
Nora Isacoff & Andrew Caplan
CBST's 20s & 30s Congregational Team
Aleinu put together a Braille and large-print version of the Prayer for Our Country that we recite each Friday Night. You can view that version here.
Questions? Feel free to contact us by email or social media: