In-Person COVID-19 Policy Update
We are delighted to welcome you in person for both the Purim Party for Families with Kids, and the Purim Celebration and Megillah Reading.
If you have not pre-registered, you can come and sign up at the door. Make sure to bring proof of having received a COVID booster.
For in-person services and programs, pre-registration is now requested, not required; anyone can walk up, provide proof of vaccination (including a booster for all eligible), sign an attestation regarding COVID-19 exposure or symptoms, and gain entrance to CBST.
Pre-registration will remain available and is encouraged to speed ease of entry at the door. If you’re pre-registered, you don’t need to wait in line to show documentation and complete an attestation! We have added QR codes at the door to speed entry of all those who are unable to pre-register.
Purim Celebration and Megillah Reading
Wednesday, March 16, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Purim with CBST is always a fabulous night of revelry! Join us as we retell the story of Queens and villains and victory. We begin at 6:00 pm with a festive Purim Musical Maariv service, our all-congregation Costume Parade, and our signature multi-lingual Megillah Reading (20 languages strong!). For those attending online, please join us via zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82476901706
Meeting ID: 824 7690 1706
Call-in: +1 646-876-9923 (New York)
Get ready to be front page news! This year's theme is “NEWSIES!” Some costume ideas:
- 1920s Newsboy! Or Newsgirl! Or nonbinary Newshuman!
- Your favorite/most meme-able news story from the past year
- Your favorite news anchor who you want to laud or lambast
- Cover yourself in newsprint and magazines?
- Anything that makes you want to shout “Extra! Extra! Read all about it!"
In-Person Purim Party for Families with Kids!
Wednesday, March 16, 5:30-7:30 pm
Free of Charge. Recommended for ages 2–12 with their adult(s). Babies, toddlers & teens welcome too!
- Bring the whole family in your favorite Purim costumes, bake hamentashen, wear a crazy balloon hat, and celebrate Esther's coming out as a Jew to the Persian king and saving our people.
- Younger kids will also listen to the megillah in a special interactive storytelling adventure by K’ilu Kits.
- Older kids will pack mishloach manot and design cards with Repair the World that will be delivered to Met Council on Jewish Poverty for their seniors living in their affordable housing.
- Everyone is welcome to join the Purim Parade at the end!
FREE Purim Audio Adventure Kit for Families with Kids ages 2-8
Get a K'ilu Kit and celebrate at home
This interactive at-home experience guides you and your family to play the Purim story together using exciting audio tracks, printable storytelling kit, stuff from around the house, and your kid’s imagination.
- Listen to the 30-minute adventure come to life
- Act out the story with a map & scavenger hunt
- Create a Secret Message for Esther and a Masquerade Mask
- Sing along with the music
- Travel back in time to the Kingdom of Shushan and be part of Queen Esther's adventure!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with: your name, your child(ren)'s name(s) and their date(s) of birth. We'll reply with the link to access the Purim K'ilu Kit Adventure.