When: Thursdays from 12:30-1:15 pm; How: via Zoom (click here)
Launched in response to the disastrous 2016 election, we provide a weekly opportunity for folks turn their rage and despair into positive action. We share resources and provide training to get anyone involved in texting, postcard- and letter-writing, emailing, petition signing, and phone calls, among other things. Join us and learn how to advocate for voting rights and accessibility rights, and the central goal of maximizing turnout in this crucial election year. We also share strategies for protesting the current administration. Fueled by our Jewish values, we raise our voices in opposition to injustices we see being perpetrated in Washington, Albany, and New York City.
Our issues include:
- Voter protection/access/registration/turnout/education
- Immigrant and refugee protections
- Income inequality
- Protecting the environment
- Common-sense gun laws
- Ending mass incarceration
- Education reform
- The fight against rising antisemitism, racism, and bigotry in all forms
- Reproductive rights
- LGBTQ rights
Subscribe to our Social Justice newsletter here and check out our website for other news updates.
Read our helpful one-pager: Some Resources for Activists
Visit CBST VOTES! for everything you need to know about voting this Election Day, November 3, 2020
From Goldalee Katsanis-Semel: …Doing this work has been a profound lesson and spiritually practical practice in how a little bit of action can bridge the crippling divide between wanting to do 'all or nothing.' I leave feeling lifted and useful…if someone else is writing postcards, talking to a Senator, I feel a part of something larger than myself. It is said that those who make change--abolitionists, suffragettes, civil rights workers, or gay rights activists--create it not with a large group, but rather a group with a huge amount of passion and commitment. And knowing that we are part of an even larger group means that my physical action positively affects my mental and emotional wellbeing. God willing, it creates positive ripples of change, reaching out far beyond CBST's doors.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87441818544
Meeting ID: 874 4181 8544
Call-in: +1 646 876 9923 (New York)
- Please “arrive” 10 minutes early for any Zoom program so that we can start on time.
- To protect the sacred nature of our programs & services, please make sure that when you join us via Zoom, that your “display name” is your actual first and last name. As in our Sanctuary, no photography is allowed.
Need tech support ASAP? Text 646-450-3556