- VIEW OUR FRIDAY NIGHT LIVESTREAM SERVICE on FACEBOOK!
- VIEW OUR FRIDAY NIGHT LIVESTREAM SERVICE on THE CBST WEBSITE!
- VIEW OUR SATURDAY MORNING SERVICE on ZOOM!
- VIEW THIS WEEK'S SHABBAT PROGRAM [updates Fridays before services]
- SIDDUR PAGES FOR THIS WEEK'S LIVESTREAM [Please only read this online. If you print the pages, you can't throw them out because they contain the Hebrew name of God, and they will need to be genizahed.]
- With or without a Facebook account, you can view our livestream service at facebook.com/BeitSimchatTorah. If you're viewing at the time of the service, the livestream will be the most recent post. If you're viewing after the service has ended, you can find the livestream on our Facebook page, in conjunction with our other Facebook activity, arranged according to date. See selected services here and our most recent services on our home page!
Friday, Jan. 15 / 3 Sh'vat
Connecting in Community, 3pm
Led by Cooperberg-Rittmaster Rabbinical Fellow Deborah Megdal
Kabbalat Shabbat, 6:30pm
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Shabbat
Ba'al Tefillah: Cantorial Intern Sam Rosen
Piano: Music Director Joyce Rosenzweig
Service Leader: Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum
Guest Speaker: Rep. Jamaal Bowman (NY-16)
Visit CBST's main Facebook page--you will find the livestream of the Kabbalat Shabbat service at/near the top of the page.
Saturday, Jan. 16 / 3 Sh'vat
Shabbat Morning – Traditional Egalitarian Minyan, 9:30am
Service Leader: Cantorial Intern Sam Rosen
D'var Torah: David Chapman
Shabbat Morning Services via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86336298621
Meeting ID: 863 3629 8621
Call-in: +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Service Leaders: Rabbi Yael Rapport, Larry Kay
Havdalah via Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/654880356
Meeting ID: 654 880 356
Call-in: +1 646 876 9923 (New York)
A Note about Shabbat Sponsorships during the Covid-19 Outbreak: CBST is closed to in-person gatherings until further notice. Although Shabbat services are entirely virtual, please know that Shabbat Sponsorships (including livestreaming support) will be appropriately acknowledged.
Sponsor a Shabbat Oneg (delight) or Kiddush or Livestreaming in honor or in memory of a special person.
Yoga-Meditation Shabbat: Led by Rabbi Yael Rapport, this minyan uses principles and practices of yoga and meditation to translate the structure and meaning of the Shabbat morning service from word to movement, creating a maximally embodied experience of worship. The service is open to everyone and requires no previous experience in yoga, meditation, or prayer.
Liberal Shabbat: At our Liberal Shabbat morning services, we draw on our inherited traditions in a consciously modern context. The style of the service reflects the contemporary evolution of Sabbath worship over the last century in this country, with a malleable liturgical selection. Using the Reconstructionist prayer book, Kol Haneshamah, we pray old and new liturgy in both Hebrew and English. Torah is read in a triennial cycle, and there is always a discussion of the week's parashah (Torah portion). Healing prayers are offered at every Torah service, and there is always an opportunity to say Mourner's Kaddish at the end. The service ends at 12:30 pm and is followed by a kiddush lunch.
TEM (Traditional Egalitarian Minyan): The TEM service, or Traditional Egalitarian Minyan, reflects a long-established mode of praying the complete Sabbath morning liturgy (including Musaf). In addition, the full parashah (Torah portion) is chanted. TEM’s name reflects both an increased use of Hebrew at this service, as well as a commitment to gender equality in every aspect of participating and leading the service. This service uses siddur Lev Shalem, the Conservative movement's prayer book. You are welcome to attend, regardless of your knowledge of Hebrew or prior synagogue experience. All services include a D'var Torah (short sermon). The service concludes at approximately 12:00 pm, followed by a Kiddush lunch.
CBST is committed to accessibility. Learn more.