In celebration of Trans Day of Visibility, CBST is thrilled to offer a custom Trans Pride Kiddush Cup created through a partnership with Israeli Judaic Art designer Yair Emanuel. TDOV is dedicated to celebrating the accomplishments and victories of transgender, non-binary, & gender nonconforming people while raising awareness of the work that is still needed to save trans lives. To receive a Trans Pride Kiddush Cup, please follow the instructions below to make a contribution of your choosing from $18 to $180 to help fund Trans, Non-Binary, & Gendernonconforming Programming at CBST. Please be advised: Kiddush Cups are still in production, and while they are expected to arrive by June 1st, in time for Pride, we may experience delays due to the current situation with COVID-19.
Shabbos as an All Gender Experience
"If we take the opportunity to show up for G-d on Shabbos, if we have the capacity to experience G-d, whether G-d is Queen, King, She, He, or They, we are well on our way to appreciating those different from ourselves. By showing up for God, we learn to show up for everyone." Rabbi Mike Moskowitz, CBST's Scholar-in-Residence, Trans and Queer Jewish Studies
The dimensions of the cup are 12cm height, 6cm diameter. It holds 100ml liquid.
The weight of each cup including the plate is 320 grams.
The cup and plate are stainless steel, the rings are aluminum, and the color is anodize.
Plate included with cup. Plate and cup are not dishwasher safe.
The artist Yair Emanuel, a graduate of the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, lives and works in Jerusalem. Emanuel's designs of Judaic art are based upon a fusion of traditional motifs and ancient Jewish manuscripts with modern and Oriental art. Vivid and harmonious colors as well as a mixture of the old and new characterize Emanuel's work, which he designs and crafts in his Jerusalem studio. The principle techniques utilized encompass painting on silk, hand embroidery, raw silk applique, painting on wood and metal designs. Among the staff are new immigrants and employees with special needs. A portion of the studio's profit is donated to charity. https://www.emanuel-judaica-israel.com/main-page/
1) Click here
2) Under "Additional Contribution Options" in "I'd like to contribute to:" Select "Social Justice" from the drop-down menu.
3) Enter a numerical amount from $18.00 to $180.00. Your contribution above $18 helps to keep the pricing low for those who need it.
4) Select "Yes" under "Are You Making a Tribute?"
5) Select "On Occasion Of" under "Tribute Type:"
6) Under "Honoree Name" type: "TDOV Kiddush Cup"
7) Skip the rest of the fields and scroll to the bottom and select "Next Page"
8) Select your method of payment and follow the instructions to complete the transaction. You will have the opportunity to review before completing.