Students in the B* Mitzvah class meet for Limmud b’Shabbat to study a core curriculum with a focus on the Shabbat morning t’fillah service and the weekly Torah parsha. In addition, students will celebrate the Jewish holidays and take part in school wide activities and programs.
As the students approach their B* Mitzvah dates, they will be meeting monthly as a cohort and weekly in private sessions to prepare for their ceremonies. The B* Mitzvah program includes:
- Starting in January, the entire cohort (along with parents) meets monthly for creative learning programs with clergy and educators.
- Private individualized training sessions with the B’nai Mitzvah Coordinator, clergy and cantorial staff.
- Preparation for service leadership, learning to leyn (chant) Torah and Haftarah, and writing and delivering a D’var Torah..
- One-on-one Hebrew literacy tutoring if needed.
- Tuition of $2,700, includes all of the above (Pride month discount $2,500)
2021-2022 - 5782 SCHEDULE
2nd & 4th Saturdays at 10 am
October 9 and 23
November 6* and 13
December 4* and 11
January 8 and 22
February 12 and 26
March 12 and 26
April 9 and 23
May 14 and 28
June 11 and 25
*the 1st instead of 4th Shabbat due to holiday/vacations
Cohort 2021- Rising 7th Graders and Parents
Friday, October 22 5-6pm
Saturday, November 13 1-3 pm
Saturday, December 4 5-6 pm
New Cohort 2022 - Rising 6th Graders WITH Adult Family Members
October, TBD 1-3 pm (ORIENTATION)
Saturday, January 8 1-3 pm
Saturday, February 12 1-3 pm
Saturday, March 12 1-3 pm
Saturday, April 9 1-3 pm
Saturday, May 6 1-3 pm (not a Limmud Shabbat)
Friday, June 25 5-6 pm (Family and Friends Pride Shabbat)
(October, November, December, TBD)
*Times for specific cohort meetings will be confirmed each month.