Teen Track with the RAC: Social Justice Academy (grades 8-12)
For 8th through 12th Graders
*NEW* Teen Track with the RAC: Social Justice Academy
sessions (not hosted by CBST)
- Unit 1: Civic Engagement
- Sundays, 10/11 & 10/18 at 1:00 pm
- Students will explore the import role of young and emerging voters in democracy and the call Judaism makes to us to act in this moment.
- Unit 2: REDI (Racial Equity, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Sundays, 11/8 & 11/15 at 1:00 pm
- Students will learn basic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) practices, examine how our identities inform how we function in society, understand the importance of disrupting dominant culture, and learn how to make important changes on an interpersonal and communal level.
- Unit 3: Action & Advocacy
- Sundays, 2/21, 2/28, & 3/7 at 1:00pm
- Students will explore being a Jewish voice for justice, discover how their moral voice can influence policymakers, identify an issue around which they can advocate to make systemic change, and learn how to take action.
November 15th, 2020 1:00 PM through 2:00 PM