Psalm Study with Rabbi Kleinbaum
Monday through Thursday, 9:45 am to 10:45 am
Join CBST's Senior Rabbi, Sharon Kleinbaum, for an in-depth study of the Book of Psalms. Starting on Monday, August 24th, we will take an in-depth look at Psalm 27, the Psalm for the Season of Repentance, which is recited daily from the beginning of the month of Elul through Hoshanah Rabbah. We will read the Psalm in Hebrew and various English translations, and then class participants are invited to share their own interpretations through writing, song and the visual arts. Once we have studied Psalm 27, we will return to the psalm-by-psalm study begun in March, at Psalm 11. No previous knowledge of psalms is necessary; some familiarity with Hebrew is useful but not necessary.
If you are intending to attend this class regularly, please email Jkatz@cbst.org to be placed on the class email list, and join the class Facebook page. No registration is required, but a contribution at your discretion to Adult Education at CBST is appreciated. Click here to make a contribution towards Psalms Study.
To participate via ZOOM click this link on your computer: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/513468144
OR join by phone (audio only), call +1 646 876 9923 US (New York);
when prompted, enter Meeting ID 513 468 144
Zoom is a free technology for calling and videoconferencing.
You do not need a personal Zoom account to use it.
- Zoom has step-by-step instructions here.
- This is also a good guide to using Zoom.
- Please “arrive” 10 minutes early for any Zoom call so that we can start on time.
- MUTE your computer microphone, phone or other device until you are invited to speak.
- To protect the sacred nature of our services, please make sure that when you join us via Zoom, that your “display name” is your actual first and last name. As in our Sanctuary, no photography is allowed.
Help! I Need Tech Support! Please text +1 646 450 3556 for immediate assistance