Town Hall for CBST Members via Zoom 06.15.20
CBST Congregation-Wide Town Hall Zoom Gathering for CBST Members
Topic: CBST rebbetzin and American Federation of Teachers president Randi Weingarten on “Reopening Schools Safely and Responsibly"
As we slowly re-open New York City and regions around the country, one of the most complex issues is how to get our children back to school safely.
Randi Weingarten is president of the 1.7 million-member American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO, which represents teachers; paraprofessionals and school-related personnel; higher education faculty and staff; nurses and other healthcare professionals; local, state, and federal government employees; and early childhood educators.
Prior to her election as AFT president in 2008, Weingarten served for 12 years as president of the United Federation of Teachers, AFT Local 2, representing approximately 200,000 educators in the New York City public school system, as well as home child care providers and other workers in health, law, and education. She serves on Governor Cuomo’s Commission on Re-Opening Schools, the Joe Biden/Bernie Sanders Unity Committee, and the 2020 DNC Platform Committee.
Please see the following:
- The American Federation of Teachers' report on "Safely Reopening America’s Schools and Communities"
- A Washington Post op-ed by Randi Weingarten on reopening the schools
- A USA Today op-ed by Randi Weingarten on reopening the schools
Watch our previous Town Hall meetings here:
- Town Hall 1 “Medical and Legal Issues” with Judith Turkel, Esq., and Dr. Nathan Goldstein
- Town Hall 2 “CBST During the Pandemic” with Senior Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum, Executive Director Yolanda Potasinski, and President Gregg H. Passin
- Town Hall 3 "Social Justice in the Age of Covid-19: What Are CBST Social Justice Teams Doing, and How Can You Be Involved?" with Rabbi Marisa James, Director of Social Justice Programming, and Sabrina Farber, Lee Goldberg, Laurie Magid, Noemi Masliah, and Harold Levine
- Town Hall 4 “The State of the City in the Time of COVID-19” with NYC Council Speaker Corey Johnson
- Town Hall 5 "Mental Health in the Time of COVID-19" with Judy Ribnick and Dr. Diane Burhenne
- Town Hall 6 Updates on "How CBST is Doing During the Pandemic" with Senior Rabbi Sharon Kleinbaum, Executive Director Yolanda Potasinski, and President Gregg H. Passin