CBST Trip to the Opera: STONEWALL
One of the most hotly anticipated events this year is the world premiere of Stonewall, by Iain Bell and Mark Campbell, being given five performances by New York City Opera in the Rose Theater of Jazz at Lincoln Center. The opera was inspired by the events of precisely 50 years ago, in June 1969, when patrons of the Stonewall Inn, a dance club in Greenwich Village, resisted police harassment and, in so doing, launched the movement for equal rights for LGBTQ people. - Fred Plotkin
CBST Members receive a 30% discount for tickets $65 and up!
Use code CBST30 and PURCHASE TICKETS HERE.
Tickets can also be purchased in person at the box office or by phone. Be sure to give the CBST30 code when purchasing.
- By Phone: 212-721-6500 CenterCharge, Open daily, 10am-9pm ET*, *Tickets are available via jazz.org and by phone until 3pm the day of the performance. Please visit the Box Office to purchase tickets after 3pm
- In Person: Jazz at Lincoln Center Box Office (Located within the Time Warner Center), Broadway at 60th Street, ground floor, Monday-Saturday, 10am-6pm ET*, Sunday, 12pm-6pm ET, *During ticketed performances, the Box Office will remain open an additional half-hour after the scheduled start time of the performance.
Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the uprising, Stonewall is a moving and explosive new American opera that captures the rage, grit, humor and, finally, hope of the LGBTQ community's uprising in a Greenwich Village dance club on one hot night in June 1969. The work is divided into three parts and follows a diverse group of characters whose lives collide at that pivotal moment in history when the police push them too far and they find the courage to fight back.
The performance will take place at the Rose Theater at Lincoln Center. Located on the fifth floor of Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Frederick P. Rose Hall in the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, Rose Theater is the venue’s largest performing arts space. Click here for more information about the Rose Theater, facilities and accessibility. Rose Theater is located at Broadway at West 60th Street, on the 5th floor. Click here for directions.
CBST Members are invited to a special 'Pre-Show Conversation' with Fred Plotkin, "one of America’s foremost experts on opera," and members of the Stonewall Cast and Creative Team, followed by cocktails with General Director of the New York City Opera, Michael Capasso. See below for a breakdown of the evening's events.
- 6:30-7:15 PM - Pre-Show Conversation: Fred Plotkin and Stonewall Cast/Creative Team
- 7:15-7:45 PM - Cocktails with General Director Michael Capasso
- 8:00-9:30 PM - Stonewall Opera
If you are coming for the Pre-Show Conversation, we are going to be in the VLS Room, which is located on the 5th floor. It's to the left of Dizzy's club, through the double glass doors. We can access the space starting at 6:15 PM. There will be ushers helping to direct people coming off the elevators. Patrons are encouraged to pick up their tickets at the ground floor box office, before coming to the 5th floor.
New York, NY 10023